The Group has been constituted in order to foster and facilitate, through scientific, cultural and professional activities, contacts amongst those who are interested, either from a clinical or from a biological point of a view, in cancer prevention, diagnosis and therapy and in any way in clinical and experimental research in oncology.
Basic tasks of the organization are the following:
- To foster and carry out trial protocols that involve all members according to one’s own competence;
- To create groups of study for specific research areas;
- To organize regional and national Conferences;
- To promote activities concerning the creation and the development of oncology facilities in Southern Italy;
- To activate and keep scientific contacts with other national and international Oncology Associations;
The Oncology Group of Southern Italy is a non-profit organization.
The Organization is constituted by ordinary and honorary members. Ordinary members are graduated in Medicine, Biology, Chemistry or Pharmacy and everyone with primary interest in oncology.